Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dates, Mates, and Inflatable Bras by Cathy Hopkins (3.9/4.0)

I loved this book! It was hilarious. I enjoy British "chick-lit" anyway, but this is the first young adult version I have read. I laughed out loud several times. In doing a little research about this title, I learned that it is a series called "Dates, Mates, and ..." The series is just typical middle school girl drama. It's real life stuff though, not like the Clique series. For example, in this book, a new girl moves into the school and Lucy, the main character, feels like she is stealing her best friend away. There are a lot of laughs along the way, but eventually the girls work it out. A good, positive story.

Currently reading: Red Blazer Girls: The Vanishing Violin
I am having to take a break from all the serious books and read some funny/girlie books. This is the second book in the series and I an totally enjoying it. The things Sophie, the main character, says and thinks are cracking me up. This is another positive story where girls are smart and are concerned about more important things than clothes!