Friday, August 17, 2012

New books!

Wow, the past two weeks have been very hectic. We got everyone into the media center and found them something to read last week. This week I think they all came back and got something new! Also, I have been working on getting the new books processed and into the system. We got several new fiction books, but the bulk of the order was social studies related. 6th grade started their research today, so there were a ton of books that I had to hurry to process and get to Mrs. Stahl.

Some of the new fiction books included: The Kill Order (the prequel to The Maze Runner), At Wit's End (the sequel to Surviving the Applewhites), and The Angel Experiment (a replacement because kids read the other copy to death!).

I just finished reading Out of Sight, Out of Time by Ally Carter. It's the newest book in the Gallagher Girls series. I absolutely love these books. Thank goodness for authors who write strong girl characters. Up next, The Kill Order by James Dashner. I have to finish the series!