Monday, November 7, 2011

GaETC... and other "stuff"

Just got back from GaETC. This was my first year going and I loved it. So much great information and I got a ton of samples for the teachers!

I attended sessions on everything from BrainPOP to the LDS to Georgia PBS to online professional development. I think one of the main things that I am going to focus on will be making my RSS feed manageable. Mine is SO NOT!! I think by cutting it down to fewer feeds I will actually get more from them. I also want to make a personal goal to feature at least two resources to teachers each month.

On another note, I finished The Death Cure, the 3rd book in the Maze Runner series. It didn't really end the way I wanted it to, but I can't complain. At least it didn't leave me hanging! There have been a ton of kids who have gotten hooked on the series this year. I know they are super excited to get their hands on the last one. Also, 5th grade book club is going great. We have about 5 girls who show up early in the mornings to read. We have a great time eating breakfast and discussing our books!